Clark Hill Thorp Reed lawyers exemplify the firm’s commitment to hard work, high ethical standards and dedication to client service. Our attorneys practice in diverse areas of law, and combine a multidisciplinary approach to solving legal problems. The bottom line: Clients of Clark Hill Thorp Reed benefit from attorneys whose expertise and commitment deliver effective client outcomes and superior legal service.
Lourdes Sanchez Ridge
Lourdes Sanchez Ridge’s law practice includes civil and criminal litigation with a strong focus on white collar criminal defense. She has represented clients involving allegations of civil and criminal fraud such as securities fraud, health care fraud, financial fraud, bankruptcy fraud, fraudulent conveyances, and wire and mail fraud. She has conducted internal investigations of corporations in various industries such as health care, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing. She has defended clients under investigation by the United States Department of Justice, U.S. Office of Congressional Ethics, state and Federal Grand Juries, Office of Inspector General, Federal Aviation Administration and the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Lourdes is also experienced in the area of domestic and international bribery and corruption including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”). She has counseled multi-national corporations on the FCPA, trained international employees of multi-national companies on the FCPA, drafted FCPA Compliance Programs custom-made to specified industries, and has been a speaker on numerous occasions on the FCPA to international lawyers, corporations and certified public accountants. Lourdes is Chair of Mackrell International's White Collar / Business Crimes Practice Groups.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Thorp Reed, Lourdes served as an Assistant United States Attorney in Washington, D.C. and an Assistant State Attorney in Miami, Florida. During her career as a prosecutor, she tried over 45 jury trials and conducted over 100 grand jury investigations. Since moving to Pittsburgh, Lourdes has engaged in the general practice of law, including the representation of foreign nationals.
Lourdes is the President of the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce which is a non-profit organization whose goals are to promote and aid Hispanic businesses to succeed as well as provide a link between corporate America and the Hispanic community in Southwestern Pennsylvania. She also played a significant role in the formation of the Hispanic Bar Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association. She is fluent in Spanish.
In March, 2010, Lourdes was selected by Celebrate & Share to receive the 5th Annual Women of Achievement Award for Excellence in Law. The Award was created to celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding women in the Pittsburgh community and to help raise awareness and funds for organizations that spotlight the needs of women and children.
Lourdes is the 2013 recipient of the NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award. The Award recognizes the contributions of Hispanic leaders in each NFL market.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1985
- B.S., Accounting, University of Miami, 1982
Professional / Civic Activities
- President, Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Carlow University Board of Trustees
- Vice Chair, World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh
- Board Member, Global Pittsburgh
- Board Member, Regional Industrial Development Corporation (RIDC)
- Chair, Mackrell International's White Collar / Business Crimes Practice Groups
- Former Chairperson, FamilyLinks
- ACBA Nominating Committee 2010, 2011
- Former Member, Executive Committee of Community College of Allegheny County Educational Foundation
- Graduate, Leadership Pittsburgh
- Former Commissioner, Pennsylvania’s Governor’s Commission for Latino Affairs
- Former Committee Member, Women Economic Development Outreach
- Former Committee Member for Governor’s Conference on Women
- Former Board Member, Shuman Juvenile Detention Center
- Former Member, Holy Family Courage House Award Committee
- Former Upper St. Clair Odyssey of the Mind Coordinator
Bar / Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of Florida
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Publications / Presentations
- Panelist, “White Collar Crime & Corporate Governance - DOJ Enforcement Trends, Developments and Priorities,” ACBA Federal Court Section, June 2013.
- Presenter, “When a Civil Case Turns Into a Government Investigation,” TRA seminar, November 2011.
- Presenter, “The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Why the FCPA Matters — Understanding the Law, Identifying the Risks and Making Your Client Compliant,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia, October 2011.
- Presenter, “Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,” Western Pennsylvania Association of Corporate Counsel seminar, September 2011.
- Panelist, “Regional Seminar for Students: In Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month,” World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh, October 2010.
- Panelist, "The Game Has Changed Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) – How Will the Heightened Enforcement Affect You?,” Marsh’s Academy of Risk, October 2010.
- Speaker, "Corporate Governance Programs for Reporting Concerns: What Companies are Doing,” Delaware Valley Association for Corporate Counsel (DELVACCA) seminar, September 2010.
- “Are Third Party Agents Really Necessary to Conduct Business in a Foreign Country?,” Communiqué, March 2010.
- “U.S. Government’s Aggressive Tactics Against Corruption,” Communiqué, January 2010.
- Speaker, “A Survey of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,” PBI seminars in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia, June 2009.
- Presenter, “Responding to Government Investigations,” Upper St. Clair Rotary, January 2009.
- “The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Best Practices for Compliance & Risk Mitigation,” panelist in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, 2008.
- FCPA Presentation for the Certified Fraud Examiners, 2008.
- "Are U.S. Companies and Executives Safe When the Public Is Not? A Look at FDA Enforcement in the International Arena," Communiqué, April 2008.
- "Conspiracy: To Charge or Not to Charge? That is the Question," In Your Court, November 2005.