Clark Hill Thorp Reed lawyers exemplify the firm’s commitment to hard work, high ethical standards and dedication to client service. Our attorneys practice in diverse areas of law, and combine a multidisciplinary approach to solving legal problems. The bottom line: Clients of Clark Hill Thorp Reed benefit from attorneys whose expertise and commitment deliver effective client outcomes and superior legal service.
Peter K. Blume
Peter K. Blume is a member of the firm's Business and Investment Management / Private Equity Practice Groups. He previously served as Head of Thorp Reed & Armstrong's Corporate Practice Group from 2007 to 2013. He has over 25 years of experience representing businesses ranging from start-up ventures to public companies on a wide array of issues, including formation, venture capital financings, public and private offerings, and joint ventures. He also is actively engaged in advising broker-dealers and investment advisers on regulatory compliance issues, including SEC and state enforcement matters. Peter is a frequent lecturer on these and other topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute. He is "AV" rated (the highest rating available) by his peers in the Martindale-Hubbell Directory.
- J.D., University of Notre Dame, 1981
Member, Notre Dame Journal of Legislation
- B.A., Yale University, 1978
John Addison Porter Prize in American History
Professional / Civic Activities
- President and Co-Founder, Aquinas Academy
- Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Lecturer, Graduate School of Justice Studies, California University of Pennsylvania
- Indiana Township Zoning Hearing Board
Bar / Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Publications / Presentations
- "SEC Decides Not To Appeal Rule 14a-11 Proxy Access Decision; Rule 14a-8 Stay Expires Next Week," E-Alert, September 2011.
- Presenter, "Recent Legal Developments Affecting Investment Advisers," Financial Planning Association of Pittsburgh - Financial "Four"um, October 2010.
- Speaker, ?Federal Enforcement Actions Against Gatekeepers: Recent Trends in DOJ and SEC Actions Against In-House Counsel,? Delaware Valley Association for Corporate Counsel (DELVACCA) seminar, August 2010.
- Lecturer, CFP® Continuing Education Conference, ?Ethics in an Ever-Changing Regulatory World,? February 2010.
- Co-author, ?A Survey of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,? Pennsylvania Bar Institute, June 2009 (PBI No. 2009-5748).
- Speaker, ?A Survey of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,? PBI seminars in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia, June 2009.
- Moderator, ?Oversight of Non-Traditional Investments Products,? Duquesne University Symposium on ?Ethics, Regulations and Risk Management: A New Paradigm for the Financial Services Industry,? April 2009.
- Speaker, "Antitrust Developments Affecting the Flat Glass Industry," National Flat Glass Logistics Council Meeting, Atlanta, February, 2009.
- "Cease and Desist! How to Send An Order and What to Do if You Get One," TEQ Magazine, December 2004.
- Author, "Investment Management Update: SEC Heightens Focus on E-Mail In Investment Adviser Examinations," Communique, December 2004.
- Co-author, "SEC Proposed Rule-Making: Registration Of Hedge Fund Advisers," Client Update, July 2004.
- Co-author, "Standards of Professional Conduct for Attorneys Practicing Before the SEC," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, June 2003 (PBI No. 2003-3412).
- Co-author, "E-Commerce, Legal and Practical Issues," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, July 2000 (PBI 2000-2575).