Clark Hill Thorp Reed lawyers exemplify the firm’s commitment to hard work, high ethical standards and dedication to client service. Our attorneys practice in diverse areas of law, and combine a multidisciplinary approach to solving legal problems. The bottom line: Clients of Clark Hill Thorp Reed benefit from attorneys whose expertise and commitment deliver effective client outcomes and superior legal service.
Edward B. Harmon
Edward B. Harmon was a partner with Clark Hill Thorp Reed from 1988 to 2007. He spent eight years as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, and he leads the Strategic Transactions practice. Ed has over forty years of legal experience, and he devotes most of his time to acting as counsel for United States and international corporations, financial institutions, buy-out groups and other institutions on their merger and acquisition, disposition, investment banking, and financing transactions. He also frequently counsels board of directors on strategic issues and corporate governance matters.
Ed has recently been quoted in the national news media regarding the Hewlett-Packard Board investigation, executive compensation, anti-trust, corporate governance and merger and acquisition issues.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1971
Editor, New York University Journal of International Law and Politics, 1970-1971
- B.A., City College of the City University of New York, 1968
Professional / Civic Activities
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Florida School of Law
- Guest Lecturer, Poe Center for Ethics Education and Research, Warrington College of Business Administration at the University of Florida
- Member, Advisory Board, Department of Finance/Economics, Robert Morris University
- Guest Lecturer, Department of Finance/Economics, Robert Morris University
- Member, The Duquesne Club
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute lecturer on Environmental Law
- Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association
- Mentor of the Entrepreneurial Fellows Center of the Katz Graduate School of Business of the University of Pittsburgh
- First President of the Sewickley Farms and Estates Homeowners Association
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Entaire Global Companies, Inc., and is Chairman of the organization's Audit Committee
- Serves on the Board of Directors and on the Audit and Compensation Committees of Markovitz Enterprises, Inc.
- Serves on the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee, and also as Chairman of the Compensation Committee, of Superior Forge and Steel Corporation
- Member of American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Allegheny County Bar Association
- Counsel to the Flat Glass Logistics Research, Education and Standards Council
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Urban League
- Member, World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh
- General Counsel, Pittsburgh Electric Engines, Inc.
- Appointed as Guardian Ad Litem in the 8th Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida
Bar / Court Admissions
- Passed July 1971 New York State Bar Examination
- Admitted to Bar of the State of New York, February 1972 (Inactive)
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, February 1974
- United States District Court for Southern District of New York, October 1974
- United States District Court for Eastern District of New York, October 1974
- Passed July 1988 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania State Bar Examination
- Admitted to Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, November 1988
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, November 1994